The European Citizens Association is an association without lucrative purpose, in accordance with the Belgian Law in 2020.
Some of us are actors of the European Union (EU) policies from professional background. All of us, in our individual capacities, are convinced that wealth and peace in our countries and on our continent can only be enhanced through greater integration of our societies and nations.
We aspire to stimulate the emergence and consolidation of the European Union citizenship.
As its citizens, we benefit from individual and collective rights that have never been conferred so far in history.
As its citizens, it is our duty to promote these rights and act for sustaining and extending them for the future generations.
From Brussels, from the capitals, from any place, for today, for tomorrow and for the days after, convinced that our strength lies in the Union, we invite you to join us and act for:
- Safeguarding and promoting the European Union’s fundamental values in contributing to the development of a common culture in security and defence and a common EU identity.
- Increasing citizens’ resilience to disinformation concerning the European Union.
First Management Board from 5 February 2020 until 5 April 2021
Day-to -day Manager
Our European Union citizenship has multiple forms. Stimulating it takes countless forms!
Individually, within regional chapters, at the European level, we all are both entitled and enabled to act.
Fueled with your energy, here are areas for actions we could engage in together:
- Promotion of the values of the European Union, of its common challenges and the fundamental components of its construction at all levels of education and training by means of informing and encouraging the integration of the pedagogical objectives geared towards the European Union in curricula;
- Provide information to its members about new policies of the European Union, the strategic orientations of the European Council, the conclusions of the Council of the EU, discussions and decisions of the European Parliament, laws and regulations adopted and initiatives of the European Commission
- Animation of the website;
- Edition of a regular newsletter in different languages;
- Creation of one or more local chapters in the Member States of the European Union to promote the objectives of the Association at local and national level;
- Creation of an alert mechanism intended to stimulate the resilience of citizens towards the manipulation of information, in particular in the field of new technologies;
- Organization of conferences, debates and other activities contributing to the promotion of the values of the European Union on a continental scale;
- Support for citizens’ initiatives relating to the aims of the Association;
- Development of mutual support networks between members of the Association;
- Establishment of an active European network of European Union citizens wishing to promote the values of the European Union;
- Collaboration with educational and security and defence institutions at national and European level;
- Organization of regular meetings of the General Assembly and the local sections.